Think you have what it takes to become Britain's next male model? Maybe you've a friend or family member whose good looks and great personality make them stand out from the crowd?
We are looking for someone new to modelling, who wants to break into the industry. In the past we've struggled to find models who meet our requirements, so we've decided to look for someone ourselves!
Terms and Conditions
By entering this competition you will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and will be bound by them.
1. The Promoter of this competition is JD Williams & Company Limited trading as Jacamo. Registered office: Griffin House, 40 Lever Street, Manchester M60 6ES.
2. Each entrant taking part in this competition shall be referred to as a "Participant". Participants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
3. The competition is only open to UK residents aged 18 - 40 years, min 34" waist, min 5ft 11". Employees of the Promoters, their associated companies and their agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter, Participants must submit the following. Only the Participant may enter himself. Only one entry per person. Entries must include;
a. a full length photograph of the participant.
b. the participants measurements; height, waist size, chest size and shoe size
c. Contact details; Home address, Email Address and Telephone number.
5. Entries must be submitted via the Jacamo Facebook Model Search app.
6. Any entry made in any other format or which is incomplete, illegible, defaced, inaccessible, corrupted or otherwise incapable of being examined by the Promoter will be rejected.
7. Entries may be submitted between 9am on 16/06/2013 and 5pm on 09/08/2013 (the "Competition Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoters's database. Late entries will not be accepted and the Promoter accept no responsibility for entries which are lost or corrupted during transmission.
8. The Promoter may verify the validity of all entries and may automatically disqualify any Participant who submits an entry, that is offensive or obscene in any way or that is not otherwise in accordance with these terms and conditions.
9. All valid entries received during the Competition Period will be judged on their merit by a panel of carefully selected judges (the "Judging Panel"). A shortlist of entries will be selected by the Panel on appropriateness to the Jacamo brand based on the photographs and details submitted.
10. From 9am on 12th August there will also be the opportunity for the public to vote via Facebook for one place at the Finalists day. This will be the 'People's Choice' and will be awarded to the person who receives the most votes. Only one vote per person is allowed. Voting will close on the 16/8/13.
11. 20 shortlisted participants will be notified between 12/08/2013 and 16/08/13 (the "Shortlisting Period"). Any changes will be notified in advance. Shortlisted participants will also be displayed on the Jacamo Blog and Facebook Page during this period.
12. The decision of the Judging Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The shortlisted entries will be required to attend a Finalists Day casting in Manchester, where they will be expected to attend, have test shots taken, participate in a short interview and meet the Judging Panel.
14. Travel to the Finalists Day casting and any accommodation is the responsibility of the Finalists and will not be paid for by the Promoter.
15. The overall winner will be decided by the Judging Panel to win the prize as detailed (the "Winner").
16. The Winner will be notified at the end of Finalists day. The name of the Winner and the Winner's photographs will be displayed on the Jacamo website, blog, Facebook Page and Twitter Page. Any changes will be notified in advanced.
17. THE PRIZE which is available to be won by the Winner;
a) To become a new model for Jacamo, attending a photo shoot at the Promoter's discretion;
b) To complete a photo shoot with The Sunday Mirror in London;
b) The Winner will be assessed and subject to meeting requirements, would be eligible for representation with Boss Model Management; no subsequent guarantees can be given to any work that may/may not result as the case may be from such Boss Model Management representation.
18. As part of the prize, the Winner will be required to make trips to Manchester and London (dates and times to be mutually agreed) to attend photo shoots and complete interviews, at the Promoters's cost. There is no payment monetary or otherwise for the Jacamo or Sunday Mirror photoshoots.
19. The Prize is not transferable and there is no cash alternative.
20. In consideration for accepting the Prize, the Winner will be bound exclusively to the Promoter for a period of 12 months, and will not be able to model for any menswear clothing companies aside from the Promoter within this period.
21. By entering the competition, all entrants agree to the use of their name and photograph for publicity and promotion purposes, without compensation by the participant and agree that the Promoter will own all Intellectual Property Rights in any such photographs.
22. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
23. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.